The Data Analyst will implement predictive models to benefit business clients, apply advanced algorithms to improve current models, and provide sophisticated analytic consulting to clients. Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct analysis for statistical modelling projects with minimal guidance from senior team members including:
- Explore and clean data
- Configure and review predictive models
- Document and present analytic results
- Work effectively in a team environment with all levels of the organization including client support and implementation engineering.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously; deliver quality results in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the client to obtain information, present or assist in presenting analytic results throughout the course of the project.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and develop new tools.
- B.S degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or an equivocal level of experience in a similar field.
- Excellent math and statistics skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and independently
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle SQL or SQL Server preferred) UNIX/Linux experience
- Experience in computer programming (Perl, Python, R, SAS, Matlab, or JAVA)
- Preferred Qualifications include:
- MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Operations Research
- Direct working experience with logistic regression modelling, optimization or other quantitative analysis applied to real business problems
- Strong programming experience in Perl (and/or Python), R, or Fortran
- Advanced Excel skills including VBA
- Experience with call centers for collections or telemarketing